Research shows that “cost” (ability to afford a college education) is one of the biggest barriers to obtaining a college degree. Farah and Farah is committed to the communities it serves and proudly pledges to provide 20 students with $5,000 each to achieve their dream of becoming college graduates!
Farah & Farah’s scholarship mission**:** Serving Others…Inspiring Excellence…Empowering Greatness! Scholarship Awards:
Twenty (20) scholarship awards of $5,000 each will be awarded to current high school seniors and students currently enrolled in college, totaling $100,000.
**Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the winner’s school for use. Award money must be used toward tuition or education expenses. Scholarship
To be considered for the Empowering Greatness Scholarship, applicants’ permanent address must be in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. Farah and Farah employees and their family members are not eligible to participate.
- A completed and signed “Empowering Greatness Scholarship” Application Form.
- For current high school students: high school transcripts AND an acceptance letter from the accredited U.S. college or university the applicant will be attending fall 2020.
- For current college students continuing their undergraduate studies in the fall of 2020: college transcripts.
- Applicant’s proof of Florida, Georgia or South Carolina residency.
*Accepted forms of applicant’s proof of residency include: a copy of Drivers License or other Government Issued ID, copy of School ID, mail from school addressed to the applicant at home address.
- A letter of recommendation confirming the applicant’s community service activities.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor or school/college administrator.
- All awardees must commit to providing 10 hours of community service per semester, totaling 20 community service hours in the 2020-2021 academic year. Further details on the community service assignment will be provided to scholarship award winners by Farah & Farah.
- A one page 500-word essay using the following prompt:
Scholarship Essay Prompt:
The late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. inspired a nation when he stated, “Everybody can be great…Because anybody can serve”. Serving one’s community is an invaluable experience that can change lives and create a better world. In a 500 word essay, share a community service activity or project you participated in that positively changed your community, contributed to your growth and/or affected your plans for the future. Inspire us with your story!
All items must be submitted by April 5, 2020.
Winners will be notified on May 5, 2020.
Announcements will be made to the public on June 5, 2020.
Application packets and inquiries may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the scholarship visit https://farahandfarah.com/scholarship/